Please select a star rating before submitting your review
Pingbar – Connectivity Monitor (75% discount)
Out of stock
Pingbar is a small menu bar app, that constantly checks your connection to a server and port.
What can it do for me?
– Let it check your internet connection in a public WiFi hotspot, like your favorite coffee shop. Visiting a bunch of links, that are apparently all dead and it’s actually just the WiFi? Know immediately when your connection has a problem.
– Use it as a server/service monitor. Check if a certain service on your server is responding, like your webserver, mailserver or any other service that opens a TCP port. Get instantaneous notifications on your desktop, when something’s wrong on that port!
– Custom host and port
– Custom checking interval
– Silent status indication via menu bar icon
– Eye-catching notifications via OS X notification center
– Checks the whole connection from you to any server you like
- Works with any open TCP port
Note: While the name may suggest that an (ICMP echo) ping is performed, the app actually creates a socket connection to the server/port. ICMP ping may be implemented in future versions.